- Preheat the oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the olive oil and garlic; then add the mushrooms to the bowl. Rub the oil all over the mushrooms and place them gill-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Broil the mushrooms until they are tender, turning once, about 4 minutes in total.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and evenly divide the tomato sauce among the mushroom caps, spreading it on the gill side. Then top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Broil the mushrooms until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve topped with the basil.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3 pending] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.