- 1/2 cup (60 g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (28 g) blanched almond flour
- 1 Tbsp (16 g) psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 tsp double-acting baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2½ Tbsp (37 ml) avocado or olive oil, divided
- 1 cup hot water
- Combine the coconut flour, almond flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well, then add 1-1⁄2 tablespoons (22 ml) of oil and the water. Stir together for 30 seconds, then knead the dough for another 2 minutes to make sure it’s smooth, thick and isn’t sticky.
- Place a nonstick frying pan on the stove and preheat it over medium heat. Form the dough into a ball and cut it in half both ways to produce four evenly sized pieces of dough. Roll the first one out between two sheets of parchment paper. You want your dough to be thin, about 1/16 inch (1 mm). Using a 7-inch (18-cm or similar size) pot lid, cut the dough into a circle. (You can skip this step if you don’t care about having perfectly round bread.) If using the pot lid, you will end up with extra dough; roll these scraps together and form additional bread rounds (you will be able to form one to two additional flatbreads).
- Pour 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of avocado oil into the hot skillet. Add the first piece of rolled-out bread to the hot skillet and set a timer for 2 minutes. Flip the bread after 2 minutes and cook the other side of the bread for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool. Repeat these steps with the remaining bread dough.
- Note: Keep an eye on your bread. If your flatbread does not puff up at all, and breaks easily when bent, this means your heat needs to be turned up. If your flatbread burns in the first 2 minutes on the stove, this means your heat is too high.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.