- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 scallions, sliced thin, white and green parts separated
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch by 1-inch slices
- 2 Tbsp sliced fresh ginger
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut cream (not cream of coconut)
- 1 (8 oz) boneless, skinless chicken thigh, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp tamari
- 1 Tbsp granulated erythritol
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce, plus more to taste
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- In a medium pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the white part of scallions and the red pepper, ginger, garlic powder, and red curry paste and cook, stirring frequently until scallions and red pepper are softened, 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream, chicken, shrimp, and mushrooms. Simmer until chicken pieces and shrimp are just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tamari, erythritol, fish sauce, and lime juice. Cook for 3 minutes more. Taste, then adjust the flavor if desired with additional tamari, fish sauce, or lime juice.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls, garnish with scallion greens and cilantro leaves, and serve.