- 1 lb (16 oz) chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 1/4 cup (1-1/2 oz) yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium (5 oz) zucchini, cut into 2 by 1/2-inch sticks
- 2 cups (3 oz) fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 Tbsp grated or finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp Thai red curry paste, such as Thai Kitchen
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1½ cups (5-1/2 oz) riced cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat dry the chicken with a paper towel, then cut it into roughly 1-inch pieces. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to the hot pan. Once it’s melted, add the chicken pieces and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate.
- Reduce the heat under the skillet to medium, add the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil and the onion and cook until the onions have softened and are just starting to get golden, about 3 minutes. Add the zucchini, green beans, and bell pepper teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to brown slightly on the edges, but are still crisp tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic powder and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, place the cauliflower rice in a glass bowl with a lid or on a plate covered with plastic wrap. Microwave for 4 minutes on full power, stopping once halfway through to stir. Let the rice sit for a couple of minutes to cool, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return the cooked chicken and any collected juices to the pan. Add the Thai curry paste, coconut cream, and heavy cream, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the butter, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with cauliflower rice, and garnish with chopped cilantro.