- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 slices (3 oz) bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and cut in half through core
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp sugar-free maple-flavored syrup, we used Lakanto brand
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Line a plate with a paper towel. Heat a large cast-iron or stainless-steel skillet and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the bacon, cook, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is crispy and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to the prepared plate to drain.
- Keep the skillet on medium heat and add half of the Brussels sprouts cut side down in a single layer, until the cut sides develop a brown sear, about 5 minutes. Remove them to a plate. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and repeat with the remaining brussels sprouts.
- Once all of the sprouts are seared, add them all back to the skillet along with the shallots, syrup, mustard, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 2 tablespoons water. Stir to combine, reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered and stirring occasionally, until the sprouts are tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, about 10 minutes. Stir in the bacon and cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Serve.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.