- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 6 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 cup low-carb tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the olive oil and garlic; then add the mushrooms to the bowl. Rub the oil all over the mushrooms and place them gill-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Broil the mushrooms until they are tender, turning once, about 4 minutes in total.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and evenly divide the tomato sauce among the mushroom caps, spreading it on the gill side. Then top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Broil the mushrooms until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve topped with the basil.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3 pending] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.
RecipeBrian Stanton with Michelle Anderson
Excellent we loved it! Easy very tasty and filling. We were thinking if all the different toppings . The only suggestion is to cut the thicker mushrooms in half. We will make this again.