- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 slices (3 oz) bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and cut in half through core
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp sugar-free maple-flavored syrup, we used Lakanto brand
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp water
- Line a plate with a paper towel. Heat a large cast-iron or stainless-steel skillet and one-half of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the bacon, cook, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is crispy and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to the prepared plate to drain.
- Keep the skillet on medium heat and add half of the Brussels sprouts cut side down in a single layer, until the cut sides develop a brown sear, about 5 minutes. Remove them to a plate. Add the remaining olive oil and repeat with the remaining brussels sprouts.
- Once all of the sprouts are seared, add them all back to the skillet along with the shallots, syrup, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, and water. Stir to combine, reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered and stirring occasionally, until the sprouts are tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, about 10 minutes. Stir in the bacon and cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Serve.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.