- 4 85% lean beef burger patties
- 1 (4-ounce) can mild green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup store-bought queso blanco dip (cheese dip) or other low-carb queso dip
- 4 large leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook all patties 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Using a spatula, cut patties in half. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Drain the fat from the skillet, add chilies, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a small microwave-safe glass bowl, microwave the queso 1 minute. Stir.
- Lay the romaine leaves on four dinner plates and fill each with equal amounts hamburger, chilies, queso, and tomato. Serve warm
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.
Why use lean beef? Lack of taste and lack of filling nutrients.
Good point! This recipe hails from a cookbook we like, thus we didn’t create it. We’re just sharing it with you. That said, by all means use higher-fat ground beef if desired. Just be sure to recalculate your macros accordingly!