FOR THE MOJO SAUCE
- 1/4 cup good-quality mayonnaise, such as Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayonnaise or Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp dill pickle relish, drained
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Swerve sweetener or other keto-friendly sweetener
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
FOR THE SLIDERS
- 6 oz ground beef, 80% lean
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices sharp cheddar or American cheese, cut into quarters
- 1 small head Iceberg lettuce
- 2 thick slices bacon, cooked to crisp doneness
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Make the Mojo Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, dill pickle relish, Dijon mustard, tomato paste, sweetener, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Stir all ingredients together. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Preheat grill pan or outdoor grill to high. Mix ground beef with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Divide meat into 4 (1-1/2 oz) pieces. Roll the meat into balls then smash them into small, thin patties, about 2- 1/2 inches across.
- When the grill or grill-pan is ready, salt the patties all over with 3/4 teaspoon salt and then place the burgers on the grill. These small, thin burgers will take 3 minutes on each side for medium doneness. When they are done, place 2 quarters of the cheese on each patty and cover until the cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, pull the iceberg lettuce apart with your hands and make 4 stacks of 3 to 4 lettuce leaves. Use a 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter and punch out circles from each stack. Divide the sauce between the 4 lettuce stacks, topping each with Mojo sauce. Place a cheeseburger on top of the sauce. Cut each bacon strip in half and place a half on each burger. Finally, top each with a slice of tomato, secure with a pick or small skewer and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3 pending] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.