- 1 Tbsp butter, room-temperature, divided
- 8 oz Mexican-style raw chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 (4-oz) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) degrees. Grease a 9-inch-square baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- In a medium skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook, breaking the sausage up with a wooden spoon until the sausage is browned and crumbly, 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the green onions. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the sour cream, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir in the cheddar cheese, jack cheese, diced chiles, and tomato. Add the sausage, stir to combine, and pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake until set and cooked through and the top is slightly golden and puffy, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve.