- 3/4 pound broccoli crowns, cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 oz (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese
- Place 1 inch of water in a large pot, and bring it to a rolling boil. Add the broccoli, cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the broccoli is bright green and tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the broccoli and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, bring the cream and butter to a simmer on medium-high heat, stirring often, until the mixture slightly reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in the mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in one-quarter of the cheddar cheese at a time, whisking until the mixture is smooth between additions.
- Divide the steamed broccoli among 4 plates, season with salt and pepper, top each with one-quarter of the cheese sauce, and enjoy.