- 1 lb 6 cups broccoli
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 oz (3/4 lb) Italian sausage, casings removed, meat crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet with a lid, combine the broccoli, 3/4 cup water, and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook the broccoli until nearly tender, 3 minutes. Drain the broccoli and place it on a clean kitchen towel.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of the oil and the sausage and cook until browned while breaking it into small pieces with a spoon, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, the garlic, and red pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring briefly. Add the broccoli and cook, stirring to combine, until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the lemon juice and toss. Season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese and serve.
Loved that this was a fast keto dish, I added a little bit of low sodium soy sauce to mine! Delicious.
I have loved everyone of the recipes tried at Keto-Mojo. This is my go-to place when I am craving something, but want to keep it Keto. Liked the reviews that “kicked it up” a little and
added them to recipe. Thank you!!
I did add a splash of chicken broth and some sautéed onions and zucchini after reading the reviews, but my family loved it! They said “This is a keeper”. There were no leftovers.
That’s what we like to hear!
This recipe was just ok for me too. I did spruce it up a bit–I added red pepper strips, onion and more fresh garlic. I then added just a few splashes of chicken broth and my family loved it this time this way.
This dish was ok. I have tried many, many keto recipes and most of the time I am disappointed. There was nothing to rave about or anything great to report.