Aioli, which is essentially a fancy garlic mayonnaise, is a fantastic condiment for keto cooking and eating. Made from quality, keto-friendly oils, it’s simple to prepare and can enhance everything from steamed or grilled artichokes to sandwiches to wraps to steaks to seafood. Homemade aioli keeps covered in the refrigerator for 4 days.
- tsp sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, room temperature
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, room temperature
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice, 1 of the eggs, only the yolk of the remaining egg, and the garlic, mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Whisking constantly by hand or with an immersion blender, gradually add a bit of the avocado oil a few drops at a time until the mixture is opaque and all the oil incorporates into the mixture as you go. Once the mixture begins to thicken, add the remaining avocado oil in a small stream rather than drop by drop. Once you’ve added all the avocado oil, continue whisking and stream in the olive oil to achieve a rich and thick aioli. Season with salt and pepper to taste.