- tsp sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, room temperature
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, room temperature
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice, 1 of the eggs, only the yolk of the remaining egg, and the garlic, mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Whisking constantly by hand or with an immersion blender, gradually add a bit of the avocado oil a few drops at a time until the mixture is opaque and all the oil incorporates into the mixture as you go. Once the mixture begins to thicken, add the remaining avocado oil in a small stream rather than drop by drop. Once you’ve added all the avocado oil, continue whisking and stream in the olive oil to achieve a rich and thick aioli. Season with salt and pepper to taste.