- 1 (10-oz) package frozen cauliflower rice
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free Creole seasoning (like Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning, divided)
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery, sliced about 1/2-inch thick
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into large dice (3 cups total)
- 12 oz andouille sausage, sliced into 3/4-inch disks
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb medium peeled, deveined shrimp
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- On the prepared baking sheet, combine the cauliflower rice, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1½ teaspoons of the Creole seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss to evenly distribute, then roast, tossing occasionally, until the cauliflower rice is dry and a bit crispy-edged, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken pieces evenly with 1-1/2 teaspoons of the creole seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In a 4 to 6-quart pot oven over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. When hot, add the chicken and cook, turning frequently, until browned on all sides, 5 to 6 minutes total. Remove the chicken to a plate. Reduce the heat to medium and add the celery, peppers, and sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened and the sausage is seared in places, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and the remaining 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, and toss to combine. Add 1/2 cup of water and scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan. Let the mixture come to a simmer and thicken up a little, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the butter. When incorporated, gently stir in the shrimp and chicken and cook until shrimp is slightly opaque and a little “white” in color, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower rice, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.