- 1 (28 oz) can whole plum tomatoes (such as San Marzano tomatoes)
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ cups water
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp granulated erythritol-based sweetener
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 oz grated cheddar cheese
- Place an oven rack in an upper position in the oven and preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium pot, combine the canned tomatoes, basil, onion powder, garlic powder, and the water, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower to a simmer for 5 minutes, remove the pot from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the tomato mixture to a blender. Add the butter and cream cheese and blend the soup to a fine texture. Return the blended soup to the pot and warm it over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in the sweetener, and apple cider vinegar.
- Meanwhile, make the “grilled cheese”: On the prepared baking sheet, divide the cheese into 12 even little piles. Bake until melted in the middle and crispy at the edges, 5 to 7 minutes. Using a spatula, immediately transfer the crackers to a plate to cool.
- To serve, divide the soup between 4 bowls and serve each with 3 “grilled cheese” crackers.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.