- 3 (½-lb) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 shallots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh dill fronds, lightly packed
- 4 medium (6-oz each) zucchini, spiralized
- Season the chicken thighs with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- In a 3 to 4-quart pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 2 minutes. Add the celery, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes more. Nestle the seasoned chicken thighs into the celery mixture. Cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Add the chicken broth, turn up the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer until the chicken is tender and cooked through, 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a plate to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the xanthan gum into the soup, bring the soup to a low boil and let it bubble, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-low. Stir in the cream, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Using your hands or two forks, shred the chicken then return it to the soup. Stir in the dill, then remove the soup from the heat.
- Break the spiralized noodles in half lengthwise, scatter them into the soup, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Serve.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.