- 3/4 pound broccoli crowns, cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 oz (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese
- Place 1 inch of water in a large pot, and bring it to a rolling boil. Add the broccoli, cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the broccoli is bright green and tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the broccoli and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, bring the cream and butter to a simmer on medium-high heat, stirring often, until the mixture slightly reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in the mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in one-quarter of the cheddar cheese at a time, whisking until the mixture is smooth between additions.
- Divide the steamed broccoli among 4 plates, season with salt and pepper, top each with one-quarter of the cheese sauce, and enjoy.
I added bacon crumbles for additional fat and protein. In my opinion it takes it up a notch and makes it more of a meal than a side dish.
Yummy yes but it needs more protein to be a meal
Just made this and it’s delicious! Just as a note, I added in a splash of Worcestershire sauce for a bit of depth. So glad I did, because it gave it a subtle smokey flavor. So good!
This is so very good. Definitely got the whole family enjoying broccoli!
Great news! Long live cheesy broccoli! Thanks for sharing your feedback and trying our recipe!
OMG just what I wanted and how easy! Already done!
Easy and my family loved it.
So good and very cheesy! 😋 Thank you!