- 2 lb young asparagus, bottoms trimmed
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp (14 g) butter or ghee
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (232°C).
- On a baking sheet, toss the asparagus and garlic with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast until the asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and put the asparagus and garlic in a blender with the chicken broth, almond milk and butter or ghee. Blend, and when smooth and velvety, transfer the asparagus to a soup pot. Cook over medium heat until it reaches a boil, about 7 minutes. Adjust for flavor with more salt and pepper.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.