Elegant yet super satisfying, this deliciously quick and easy preparation makes creamy mushroom keto pasta accessible any night of the week. FYI, if you can’t find zucchini noodles, you can use a vegetable peeler to make long zucchini shavings.
Add to my Shopping ListGo to my Shopping List
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices (4 oz) bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp (1/2 oz) unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz (about 2 cups) raw zucchini spirals/noodles
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until it starts to brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, toss to coat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are very tender and a bit golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the salt, pepper, and heavy cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cream has thickened, about 5 minutes. If the sauce thickens too quickly, add water, one tablespoonful at a time, to thin. Turn off the heat and stir in the butter, egg yolks, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Add the zucchini noodles, then toss for 2 to 3 minutes to coat and warm the zucchini. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with the remaining Parmesan cheese.