- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices (4 oz) bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp (1/2 oz) unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz (about 2 cups) raw zucchini spirals/noodles
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until it starts to brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, toss to coat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are very tender and a bit golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the heavy cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cream has thickened, about 5 minutes. If the sauce thickens too quickly, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water. Turn off the heat and stir in the butter, egg yolks, and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese. Add the zucchini noodles, then toss for 2 to 3 minutes to coat and warm the zucchini. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with the remaining Parmesan cheese.