You can snack through a meal with this fantastic fondue featuring Gouda and Gruyère cheeses and keto-friendly “dippers.” If the fondue gets cold, you can reheat it in a microwave oven on half power for 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth and heated through.
- Fondue pot or a nice, heavy, heat-safe ceramic serving dish
Add to my Shopping ListGo to my Shopping List
FOR THE FONDUE
- 1/4 lb grated Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 lb grated Gouda cheese
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch of nutmeg
FOR THE DIPPERS
- 16 about 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup broccoli florets, blanched
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy and cut in half widthwise
- 1/4 lb salami cut into 1/2-inch thick half-moons
- 8 whole radishes
- Prepare your fondue pot and place over low heat, or if you’re using a dish, warm in a low oven or place it in a bowl and cover with boiling water, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine both cheeses, the xanthan gum, and the garlic powder. Toss well to coat. Set aside.
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed pot, over medium heat, bring the wine, broth, and lemon juice to a simmer. Immediately reduce the heat to low, then whisk in the cheese mixture, small handfuls at a time, until it’s smooth and creamy. Whisk in the nutmeg, then transfer to a warmed serving dish or fondue pot.
- Arrange the “Dippers” items on a platter or serving board. Serve with the fondue and skewers.