- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped shallot
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1⅓ cup riced cauliflower
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 6 large scallops (1/4 pound total), about 1 inch thick each
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups loosely packed frisée lettuce
- 1 lemon, quartered
- In a large sauté pan, heat half of the oil over medium heat.
- Turn the heat down, add the shallot, and cook, stirring frequently to avoid browning, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, turn the heat to medium, and simmer to soften the shallot and reduce the liquid, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and cook until tender, stirring occassionally, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan and buter. Set the risotto aside.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- In a small sauté pan, heat the remaining oil over medium heat and sauté the scallops until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- To serve, divide the risotto between dinner plates, top with a tangle of frisée, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Divide the scallops among the dishes, and serve with a lemon wedge.