- 1/2 cup (8 g) fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (75 g) onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (100 g) tomato, finely chopped)
- 1/2 serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) MCT oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) vinegar (we suggest red wine vinegar)
- 1½ lb (681 g) skirt steak
- 4 Tbsp (60 g) coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- Mix the cilantro, onion, tomato, serrano pepper, garlic, lime juice, unrefined sea salt, black pepper, MCT oil and vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place the meat on a plate and sprinkle with the coarse salt on both sides. Do not rub the salt in or it will be too salty. Let sit for 30 minutes, so it soaks up the salt and comes to room temperature.
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan over high heat, until very hot. Sear the steak on the grill pan for about 3 minutes per side, until medium rare.
- Remove the steak from the grill pan, shaking off the excess salt, and place on a warm plate. Cover and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak in thin slices against the grain of the meat. Serve immediately with the vinaigrette on the side.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.