These caramelly, crispy, savory Brussels sprouts are flexible enough to be anything you need them to be: a side dish, appetizer (serve with toothpicks), or brunch star when topped with fried, poached, or soft-boiled eggs (adjusting macros accordingly). The accompanying thick Caesar-salad dip packs a great flavor punch.
Add to my Shopping ListGo to my Shopping List
- 1 lb large Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°F). Set a rack in the middle of the oven. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place it in the oven while it heats.
- In a bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt, and a pinch of black pepper. Arrange the brussels sprouts on the hot baking sheet in a single layer, cut-side down.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Flip the brussels sprouts and sprinkle with two-thirds of the Parmesan cheese. Continue roasting until the Brussels sprouts are deeply golden, crispy, and tender, 12 to 15 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, the remaining Parmesan cheese, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine, then scoop the dip into a small serving bowl.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts and surrounding crispy Parmesan bits to a platter. Serve with the Caesar dip.