- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices (4 oz) bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp (1/2 oz) unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz (about 2 cups) raw zucchini spirals/noodles
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until it starts to brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, toss to coat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are very tender and a bit golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the salt, pepper, and heavy cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cream has thickened, about 5 minutes. If the sauce thickens too quickly, add water, one tablespoonful at a time, to thin. Turn off the heat and stir in the butter, egg yolks, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Add the zucchini noodles, then toss for 2 to 3 minutes to coat and warm the zucchini. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
Can I use frozen zucchini noodles?
You sure can. We suggest you steam them until they are al dente before you add them to the recipe.
This was absolutely delicious. SOOO flavorful and satisfying. I’m vegetarian (pescatarian) and on a keto diet, but my husband loved it too. Thank you!
Tried this and added shrimp! Absolutely delicious, 10/10 will be making this again.
What a good idea. You could try adding chicken as well.
This is so tasty. I added garlic Italian seasoning and it was delicious and so easy to make
This recipe is delicious and so easy! I spiralized 2 small zucchinis (you can get good and very affordable spiralizers on Amazon) and added 2 pressed garlic cloves. I also mixed shitake mushrooms with white mushrooms because that’s what I had in the fridge and it was super tasty. The only other adjustment was adding a little more heavy cream, probably 1/3 cup vs 1/4 cup, and more water, about 1/4 cup.