- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium red bell pepper, trimmed, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 small zucchinis, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/3-inch half-moons
- 4 scallions, sliced on the bias
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 oz 8-oz packages shirataki noodles
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- Prepare a medium bowl of ice water.
- Place a medium saucepan of water over high heat. When the water boils, add 1 tablespoon salt and the broccoli florets and cook until crisp-tender, 1½ to 2 minutes. Immediately remove the broccoli with a slotted spoon to the ice water, reserving the broccoli water over low heat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the red pepper, zucchini, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened and beginning to brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, add the scallions, onion powder, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup water. Cook, stirring often, until sauce is smooth and thick, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, open the pack of shirataki noodles. Drain and rinse them, then place them in the hot broccoli water for 3 minutes. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the water. Set the noodles aside.
- To the skillet of sauce, add the blanched broccoli and a bit of the reserved water if the sauce is too thick. Toss to coat, taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
- To serve, add the noodles to the sauce, gently combine, then distribute among 4 plates, garnish with basil, and enjoy.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3 pending] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.