FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1.5 lb chicken breast, halved lengthwise
- 5 slices cooked thick bacon, chopped
- 1 pack ranch mix or make your own to save on carbs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER TOTS
- 12 oz steamed cauliflower rice
- 8 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Make the Chicken: Place chicken breasts in a crock-pot or instant pot and pour in the chicken broth. Evenly sprinkle the ranch mix over the chicken. When the chicken is almost done begin the sauce. In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Then add in the heavy whipping cream and spices. Allow to cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the cheese and allow to cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- If using an instant pot, set to pressure cook for 15 minutes. If using a crock-pot cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Finally, place the cooked chicken in a casserole dish and pour the sauce over the chicken. Top with some shredded cheese (optional) and the chopped bacon.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes at 400°F (204°C)
- Make the Cauliflower Tots: Heat oven to 425°F (218°C)
- Make sure to squeeze all the excess water out of the cauliflower rice. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.
- Place all ingredients in a small mixing bowl, stir well and place mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Use a small cookie scoop or tablespoon measure to form tots and put them on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes until golden and crispy. Move to paper towels to drain. Serve warm.
- Notes: You can skip the 10 minutes in the refrigerator, but the Tots may not hold together well after baking.
This recipe is delicious and so easy! I used the instant pot for the chicken and everything was great!