- 1/4 cup Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon, plus a bit more for garnish
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 sticks (8 oz) butter, melted and hot
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, white wine, shallot, 1 tablespoon of the tarragon, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer over medium heat until the mixture is reduced to a few tablespoons, about 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Transfer the cooled mixture to a blender and add the egg yolks and 1 teaspoon salt. Blend for 30 seconds. With the blender on, slowly pour the hot melted butter through the opening in the lid. Add the remaining tarragon leaves and pulse for a few times.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a tablespoon of water to thin. Garnish with a little chopped tarragon and serve immediately.