The Keto-Mojo meter and testing strips utilize the most advanced technology in in-vitro glucose and ketone testing. We’re proud of the accuracy of our meter and the fact that it exceeds all FDA standards and the more exacting ISO International standards, which is why we stand behind its accuracy 100% with a lifetime warranty!
We’re also proud of the results from independent and third-party studies, where the Keto-Mojo meter was tested against lab-based results – the highest standard of testing comparison.
Independent & Third-Party Research On The Keto-Mojo Meter
- Diet Doctor: In a comparison of 4 ketone meters, Keto-Mojo was rated number one. Tests were conducted on 3 separate occasions using lab results as the control and testing low, med, and high levels of ketones.
- Augusta University: Validity and Reliability of the Keto-Mojo Blood Ketone and Glucose Meter, using lab control.
- Cholesterol Code: Dave Feldman tested the Keto-Mojo meter and Precision Xtra compared to lab results and found the Keto-Mojo meter more accurately reflected the lab results for blood glucose.
The Experts Trust Keto-Mojo
Researchers, hospitals, clinics and doctors make Keto-Mojo their ketone and glucose meter of choice.
Clinical Trials & Studies Using The Keto-Mojo Meter
- UCSF: DELISH Study for type 2 diabetes
- Cedars-Sinai: Safety and feasibility study of ketogenic diet in patients receiving standard of care radiation and temozolomide for newly diagnosed glioblastoma (brain cancer)
- Cedars-Sinai: Ke-to Liver Health Study: Effects of a 28-day Ketogenic Dietary Intervention on Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Progression
- Stanford University: Impact of A Low-Carbohydrate, High-Fat, Ketogenic Diet on Obesity, Metabolic Abnormalities and Psychiatric Symptoms in Patients with Schizophrenia or Bipolar Disorder
- Duke University / United States Department of Defense: Ketogenic Diet for Reduction of CNS Oxygen Toxicity in Working Divers
- University of Arizona/Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center: Comprehensive Lifestyle Improvement Program for Men with Prostate Cancer2 (CLIPP2)
Doctors & Trusted Professionals Recommend the Keto-Mojo Meter
- Virta Health: Reversing Type 2 diabetes through personalized dietary guidance and health coaching. Keto-Mojo meters are placed in patient’s starter kits.
- JumpStartMD: Helping thousands of people lose weight and live healthier lives through personalized and medically supervised wellness programs.
- Oncology Nutrition Institute
- Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine
- The Charlie Foundation: raising awareness of the ketogenic diet as a metabolic treatment for epilepsy.
- Dr. Terry Wahls, M.D., clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and author of The Wahls Protocol.
- Dr. Angela A Stanton, Ph.D., Stanton Migraine Protocol and author of Fighting the Migraine Epidemic: A Complete Guide: How To Treat & Prevent Migraines Without Medicine
- Dr. Nasha Winters, ND, FABNO and author of The Metabolic Approach to Cancer.
- Dr. Dan Pompa, PSc.DD, podcaster and author of The Cellular Healing Diet.
- Dr. Darren Schmidt, DC., The Nutritional Healing Center of Ann Arbor
- Dr. Georgia Ede, M.D., psychiatrist and nutrition consultant at Smith College.
- Miriam Kalamian, Edm, MS, CNS and author of Keto for Cancer.
- Thomas DeLauer, celebrity health and fitness coach.
Things That Might Affect Your Ketone & Glucose Readings
There are many factors that affect home ketone and glucose testing. We list some of the most common below based on thousands of first-hand customer service experiences.
- Strip placement in the port and fill level. For accurate results, the strip must be placed firmly into the port and the blood sample must completely fill the channel. This is probably the single-most common mistake. It’s not uncommon for people to pull the strip away from the blood sample before the channel is completely full.
- Hygiene and testing protocol. It’s important to wash and dry your hands before testing and closely follow the instructions for operating your meter, like coding each new vial of ketones. Learn more about the proper testing protocol here.
- Hydration and the amount of red blood cells in the blood. If you are severely dehydrated or anemic, your test results may be less accurate.
- Altitude, temperature, and humidity. High altitude, low and high temperatures, and humidity can cause unpredictable effects on test results.
- Interfering substances. Some substances, such as Tylenol, elevated uric acid, or low glutathione may interfere with your glucose test results.
- Food or contaminants like lotions, exogenous ketones, and MCT oil on the skin or strips (i.e. if strips come into contact with a surface that has a contaminant).
- Exposure to air. Studies have shown that extended exposure of the blood sample to air can result in readings with a 10% variance, as a result of evaporation, coagulation, and changes in a small volume of blood.
- Strip expiration.Use your strips within 6 months of opening the vial.