Setting up your GK+ Meter
- Last updated December 10, 2021
The easiest way to learn how to set up your GK+ meter is by watching this short video. Or follow the instructions below.
NOTE: Before using your meter for the first time or if you change your meter battery, you should check and update your meter settings.
- Your Keto-Mojo comes with batteries installed. Pull the clear tab on the back of the meter to expose the battery connection.
Set the Date and Time
- Start with the meter off (with no test strip inserted).
- Press and hold the Main power button (on the front of the meter) for more than 2 seconds until the meter beeps. The meter is now in set-up mode and will prompt you for the clock format.
- Clock format: you have two options for time format—12h or 24h. Press the buttons on the left side of the meter up or down to adjust and set the clock for 12 or 24 hour mode, then press the main power button twice to save your choice. The meter will prompt you to set the date
- Date: it’s critical that your meter is set to the correct date. If your meter is not in the current year, you will receive errors and waste test strips. The year will now flash on the display. Press the buttons on the left side of the meter to adjust it until the year setting is accurate, then press the power button twice and it will prompt you for the month.
- Month will be flashing. To advance the month, press the buttons on the side of the meter until the correct month appears. Press the Main power button twice to set the month.
- Day will be is flashing. Press the side buttons to advance to the correct day. Press the Main power button twice to set the day.
- Time: the hour will be flashing. Press the side buttons to adjust the hour, then press the Main power button twice to set the hour.
- Minute will now be flashing. Press the side button to adjust the minute, then press the Main power button twice to set the minute.
Set the Audio feature and Test Alarms
- Audio: after you set the minute, the meter will display “beep” in the upper right corner. Use the buttons on the left to toggle between “On” or “Off”, then press the Main power button twice to set.
- Test Alarms: the next settings are for the Test Alarms. You can set up to 5 alarms per day (A1, A2, A3, A4 and A5) if you want to test at the same time each day for a better comparison of readings. If you turn alarms On, your meter is pre-set with the following times for your convenience but you can adjust each time to suit your needs: A1 7:00 A2 9:00 A3 14:00 A4 18:00 A5 22:00.
- Setting the Test Alarms: after you set the audio, you will see A1 displayed in the upper left corner and “Off” displayed below. Use the buttons on the side of the meter to toggle between “On” or “Off” for A1, then press the Main power button to set.
- If you set A1 to “Off”, you will be prompted with to set A2 and you can continue to use the side buttons to turn “On” or “Off”, pressing the power button twice to set each one.
- If you select “On”, the hour flashes. “A1” will remain on the display. Press side button to select the hour and press power button twice to set.
- When the minute starts flashes, press side button to select 00, 15, 30, or 45. These are the only choices. Press power button twice to set.
- Continue to set other alarms or set alarms to “Off”.
- Note: If the meter is on at the time the test reminder is set, the test alarm will not get activated.
- Meal Markers: after setting the test alarm functions, the symbols of an apple and an apple core will begin flashing, along with word “On.” This allows you to tag your reading for Before or After a meal. Press the side buttons to turn the meal marker function on or off, then press power button twice to set.
- Hypoglycemia (Hypo) Warning: after setting the meal marker, you can set the hypo alarm, which indicates a possible hypoglycemic condition (or low blood sugar level). “Hypo” will be flashing on the display along with “On.” Press side button to turn the Hypo alarm function On or Off and press the power button twice to set.
- If you select the hypo alarm “On,” the display shows 70 mg/dL with the symbol of “GLU” on the display, press power button to set or adjust the glucose level up or down with the buttons on the side of the meter. Press power button twice to set.
- Note: Talk to your healthcare professional to help you decide the hypo level that is suited for for your health condition. For healthcare professionals, the hypoglycemic level may vary from person to person. It is recommended to turn the hypo alarm function OFF when using the meter in a professional facility.
- Ketone Warning: after the hypo warning setting is completed, the “Ketone” will flash on the display, along with word “On.” This is a setting designed specifically for type 1 diabetics at risk of ketoacidosis when both ketones and glucose are very high. Press side buttons to turn the Ketone Warning on or off, and press power button twice to set.
- If you turn Ketone Warning on, the symbol will appear with the other symbols that you have set before. After setting the Ketone Warning, the screen will show all symbols which you have set before. Press power button and the meter will be turned off.
Settings can ONLY be changed while the meter is in the setting mode. To change settings, press and hold the power button when the meter is powered off and then return to the beginning of the setting series as described above.
The Keto-Mojo meter uses AAA batteries.
The following batteries are compatible with the GKI meter:
- ACDelco UltraMAX
- Amazon Basics
- Fujitsu Universal Alkaline
- Mitsubishi Electric Alkaline
- Philips Power Alkaline
- Walmart Generic Alkalin
My meter is full of readings. When the app on my phone says to delete I do so , but the readings don’t delete off of the meter. Is there another way to delete reading off the meter, I am close to 1000 readings.
My gki isn’t showing. Only glucose and ketones. This happens a lot!
Tell me what to do when the meter doesn’t sync or otherwise seem to be connected.
My date is set up European style with day first followed by month
I cannot reset to American style date with month first followed by day.
When I sync the meter with my phone it takes over 2 minutes. It says it imported over 900 readings and suggests that I delete the records. I’ve done that, or told it to, several times without success. I’m tired of it importing over 900 readings when there should be only 2 readings. This makes me question the accuracy of the meter. How do I clear the meter? Why don’t you have this information on your website?
Once the year is set (incorrectly) how do I go back and change it?
I cannot seem to shut off the alarms
I tried the steps above as recommended but the screen on my mojo Glucose monitor is still just blinking the test strip with no blood drop
I need to reset my meter. This was more readily found on the Ketogenic Forums than here
My GK+ is synced to my Android Smart phone but I can’t change anything i.e. change the the last 28 days to last 7 days. It also says there are no reading in the selected date when I just performed the Glucose & Ketone test this morning. When I hit sync at bottom of phone it also says “no readings” Not sure what to do…….thanks Carol
the icon of strip does not show blood drop therefore i cannot test
I set it and ready to fire with spring set and I do not see the orange area. What happened?
How do I clear all previous readings from my GK+?
little headlight comes on but nothing else works.
Meter does not show anything on the screen???
Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your
articles? I mean, what you say is important and all.
But think of if you added some great graphics or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”!
Your content is excellent but with images and clips, this site could certainly be one of the greatest
in its field. Amazing blog! aid ukraine
Need to know how to change or delete a reading – I chose “before meal” and it should be “after”
I want to change the time and date, not setting it up for the first time. Is this possible?
How to change the glucose reading to USA not Europe measures
The first thing I did was to put the code strip in monitor to sync it, it registered an E 2 erro. Can’t seem to do anything to fix it
how to clear memory or delete a test
Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thanks, However I am having difficulties with your RSS.I don’t understand why I cannot join it. Is there anyone else having identicalRSS problems? Anybody who knows the answer will you kindly respond?Thanks!!
The question was how to reset meter to zero readings, not setup.
Please help. I have not received any response to my facebook message. My KetoMojo GK+ keeps giving me an E – 2 message with each strip. I can’t figure what the problem is. The date/time is set correctly. I am not misusing the strips. PLEASE, someone help me. I’ve wasted 6 of each, the glucose and ketone strips.
magnificent publish, very informative. I wonder why the other specialists of this sector don’t understand this. You should proceed your writing. I’m sure, you’ve a great readers’ base already!
Pretty! This has been a really wonderful article. Thank you for
providing this information.
Very good blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers?
I’m planning to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
Would you advise starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option?
There are so many choices out there that I’m totally confused
.. Any recommendations? Bless you!
Hi there, I discovered your site by the
use of Google while looking for a comparable topic, your site came
up, it seems to be great. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hi there, simply changed into alert to your weblog via Google,
and found that it is really informative. I’m going to watch
out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future.
A lot of folks will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
Howdy very nice site!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I will bookmark
your website and take the feeds also? I am satisfied to find so
many useful info here within the submit, we want develop extra techniques on this regard, thank you for
sharing. . . . . .
My meter is no longer showing my history. I’ve tried resetting everything, including my phone, but I can’t access it. I can import my readings but just can’t see them.
I really messed up the setting of my meter. Didn’t realize there was a video to help with this until afterwards. Cannot make it work at all! So frustrating. Is there a way to reset back to where it was so I can start the setup process all over again? Don’t think the written instructions that came with the package were easy to follow . Your customer chat is off right now so can’t get feedback yet on this.
I put in new batteries. Meter works, but it won’t sync the data since the battery change. Downloaded new app. And re-synced. Still doesn’t sync those readings. How do I fix it?
This talks about initial setup. I need to adjust the time after daylight savings.
I inserted new batteries but its not beeping when I hold the front button down? I have everyready gold batteries. Are these not acceptable? I have never even heard of the battery names you have listed?? Is this really my problem?
I need to know how to delete an entry, or even to reset and erase all entries.
my meter does not beep when test strip is inserted. also when the blood touches the strip the numbers start decreasing but there is no audible beep when counting down.
also I feel like I am getting abnormally low readings for ketones
I want to reset the data and factory reset the device. Your website is as useless as your customer service dept.
How do I turn off the meter. You don’t have a power button or none that is easily discernible. Sometimes if I eject the strip, it turns it off. But if I turn it on to review readings from the past, how do I turn the thing off????
My meter just doesn’t work from the door. I did all the set up etc, and it will not read the blood at all. Neither strip is acknowledged. How do I return this for a refund?
You say at the start to check and update the meter settings. How do you do that? Link would be nice. Came here because I need to do a factory reset, this was the top result, that info isn’t here either
i can’t seem to sync my meter with my phone. what am i doing wrong?
How to delete memory on the new gk meter?
I want to reset my GK+ meter to zero readings for 2022. How do you do that?
I always spent my alf an hour to read this website’s articles everyday along with a mug of coffee. https://sites.Google.com/view/gambling-gamingindustry
how to change units?
this instructions do not allow you to go back and change 12/24h or Date..
E 2 is Still showing on my mojo device ive set time and date and its still showing e 2 …. I have no yellow button where the batteries are either im in the UK.. please help
How the heck do you clear the readings on the monitor itself??? My meter has max’ed out and clearing reading data in the APP does not clear out the meter!
Need to clear all memory
How to pair my meter. It used to work. Now it says “an app is neccessary to use this..”. I have the app on my Galaxy note 9 Android phone.
There is no information about pairing the GK+ meter to a phone.
I cannot figure out how to change the dates on my readings. The unit wouldn’t initially sync with my phone, so I have two days’ worth of readings that are showing up from December, 2020. I just need to know how to edit the dates.
My husband and i will share the meter
Can we have two separate files of historical readings (mine and my husband)
I made a mistake in the original set up and cannot find my way back to the beginning of the set up process. The meter thinks that it is eleven o’clock on December 7, 2020 and I cannot figure out how to start over. Please help me!
ALSO, I cannot use the app with the new meter because it is already paired with my old meter. What to do?
Thank you for any help you can give!
I can’t get my meter off 24 hr time. How do I reset it
looking for resetting the devise on initial set up…just wanted to see the different screens and set up the first screen incorrectly
syncing with phone that is US region and M/D/YY format yet the meter will only set D/M
How to I set my keto mojo meter to use mmol/L for glucose readings?
Please tell me how I can set the glucose unit of measure to mmol/l.
doesn’t work on my meter
Your video is not user friendly. I just rec. this in the mail. There is nothing explaining the meter how to read it? Same for the phone. You assume everyone is blue tooth etc. and that everyone knows how to use the meter. Where is your basic —instructions —step by step.
I didn’t find the video/instructions quickly enough after pulling the tab. Now I can’t get back to the set up screen/options.
Add instructions for getting into GKI mode.
How do I set the before or after meal each time I test? Do I have to go through ALL the other setting to get to the meal setting each time?
If it hasn’t marked before or after a meal can I go back and fix it to report if it was before or after the meal on my app or meter?
When I went to set the date, it was already on the time, so I set the time thinking it would go back to set the date. The date is not correct and I would like to reset it on my GK+ Meter. Thank you!
How can I use this device for multiple users?
my meter has E11 error, how do I fix this?
i set it up before however it wont sync now and the app wont let me forget the device so that i can reset my device (the new GK meter} the app just keeps looking for device (android phone)
How do I change the meter to show Glucose in mmol/L? I have it in the app but the meter always defaults to the American units which mean nothing to me.
How do i set time/date if i have missed answering the initial turn on 24/12 question? I don’t see any menu that lets me set time and date apart from this ‘initial turn on’ stage.
How do I reset the meter? I messed up and set it on jan instead of dec. I want to start over but can’t get back to months day settings
I want to know how to make the meter read in the australian meter not the us measurement I change it in the app but the meter isnt keeping the reading
I would like to know how to make my GK+ meter use the mg/dL format. I have changed it in the app, synced a couple of times, and it still shows my readings in the mmol/L format.
Hi. I recently took advantage of the offer to upgrade to the GK+. I received my unit (SN: (21)335C0004EE3 however I can not change the blood glucose settings.
I want to use the mmol/L setting but can not see how I should change it. Please help me change this setting.
I am replacing the meter I have with the updated version. I still have quite a few test strips that I would like to use but I have about three times as many glucose strips as ketone. So, at some point I would like to start using the new ketone strips (in the new meter) while I am still using the old glucose strips in the old meter. That would mean I would be using both meters along side each other.
Can I pair the new meter with the app and keep the old meter paired at the same time?
And just a comment on the new design. Please, the next time you update your molds, put back the loading shelf. It is a big help in getting the second strip loaded quickly, before my blood clots and I have to do a second puncture. The light is cute but a positive physical land is much more useful (and I don’t think I will be testing myself in the dark).
need to reset check or set date and year. it is going straight to time option.
Unable to access GKI mode
My new meter won’t sync
My GK+ will not sync with my app.
Just got my New Keto Mojo GK+ and trying to set it up to sync. Well Cant remember my password for account, it will NOT send me the email with instructions. So thought I would come online to change password, can NOT find out how to do this in my account? So So frustrating. Just want to have my Blooth tooth work on my New machine. Last machine so far was way easier set up. Also the Ind wrapped strips, just a pain. However, the readings are easier and not getting the Error sign at all. Impressed with that. Just wish I could set up the Blue tooth. totally disappointed on this.
How do I change from the 24hr clock to the 12 hour clock
My meter no longer syncs with the app. The app is continually searching for, but never finding the device