How to Test Using the Keto-Mojo GK+ Meter
- Last updated October 1, 2020
The easiest way to learn how to test your glucose and ketone is to watch this short video. Otherwise, continue reading.
Be sure to set up your meter (insert setting up your meter link) prior to testing and have all the materials you need for testing in front of you. This includes your Keto-Mojo GK+ Multi-function Meter, Keto-Mojo blood glucose test strips, Keto-Mojo blood ketone test strips, and the Keto-Mojo lancing device and lancets.
- Wash and dry your hands well before testing, or use an alcohol swab to sanitize the testing area. Make sure there is no contaminant on the test site.
- Remove the test strips from the test strip foil pouch and place them on a clean surface. We find the easiest way to open the foil pouches is to tear the pouch in the middle crosswise. Note: check the expiration date on the back of the foil pouch before opening.
- Insert the test strip into the meter strip port.
- A symbol with a test strip with a flashing blood symbol will appear letting you know the meter is ready to test.
Draw Your Blood & Take Your Tests
- Use your lancet device and prick a freshly cleaned and dry area of your fingertip, then ensure you get a blood droplet about half the size of a matchstick head.
- With the strip in the meter, bring the tip of the strip to the blood droplet on your finger; on contact, it will draw in the blood via capillary action. Hold the tip of the test strip in the blood droplet until the meter beeps and starts counting down. Glucose will count down from 5 seconds and you’ll get a reading. Please do not touch the test strip during the countdown as this may result in an error.
- Immediately discard the glucose strip using the easy eject button on the back of the meter.
- Insert the ketone strip into the meter and bring the tip of the strip to your blood droplet. Hold it there until the meter beeps. The meter will start counting down from 9 seconds, then give you your results.
- Discard the ketone strip using the eject button on the back of the meter.
- You have 3 minutes to get your readings before the meter will shut off.
- The test result will automatically be stored in the meter memory.
My meter would not sync and does not show a blinking drop over a picture of the test strip .I manually entered info. The test strip symbol is visible with no symbol of a blood drop above it .
It is not reading test strips . I have wasted 4 strips trying to get it to work .
Can’t find any info or trouble shooting instructions for this. Very frustrated, this happened with my first meter !
Yes I’m annoyed right out of the box again and it dosent work .
I am having trouble using the pre and post meal icon settings.
what the fuck is the test strip range of values you absolutely incompetent fucks
I need to turn on the GK+ meter after inserting strip, is that right? AND I’m not able to draw enough blood onto the strip. I’ve now tried several times and feel like a pin cushion.
I am synced with my iPhone and have taken a couple of readings but now it won’t. What do I push after the app comes up?
I’m enjoying my GK+ meter so far—except for one small detail that is insignificant in the long run but so frustrating. How do I set the meal marker? I’ve tried using the up and down buttons to choose, assumed the flashing icon is the current selection and that hitting the large center button sets it. No matter how many times I try to do this, it never works as expected and I would love to just know how it works so I don’t need to open the app to add or modify the incorrect meal marker every single time I do before or after meal readings. I’m finding it impossible to just find a clear explanation of how that works. Is the flashing icon the selection? is it the solid icon? Which button confirms? The manual does have one single line on this but it’s still unclear.
List the error codes somewhere all together. I’m getting “12H” and struggling to translate that to my native English.
I cannot find the information on how to set the meal marker for the test I just ran. I got my glucose and ketone readings just fine, but some how managed to set the meal marker to “post-meal” when I meant to set it for “fasted”. Every time I use google, or scan the user manual, all I see is under setting up my meter and that appears to be for telling one how to set it to use meal tags. That is not what I want. I want to know how to correctly set the meal tag.
i cannot seem to find what the little apples mean on the meter?
How do I set the ‘Before Meal’ tag when doing a reading, and how do I correct it on old readings after they have been synced?
how do i turn off the alarm on my meter?
How to designate BG reading as before/after meals or fasting on the meter. Where is actual full written instruction manual for the meter, please provide the link as it is not apparent from the index on your website.
Can you please tell me how mark a reading in the KetoMojo app as “After-Meal” Thanks.
App showed gk yesterday. This morning it would only show glucose and ketones. Now it won’t show any readings, just the page with no numbers. I tried to resync, but nothing worked. What am I doing wrong?
I have inserted t
he test strip as instructed with the device turned on, but the test strip with the ‘blood drop’ is not appearing indicating the device is ready for testing. Just the test strip is flashing. The device has synced with my android phone (blue tooth enabled), and the date and time are correct. I don’t know what to do.
How does the strips with both testing G and K work. Mine is only testing Ketones
When I insert a test strip my machine turns off. How do I fix that?
I would like to know how to Delete a reading
How do you enter manual glucose readings? If possible?