About the GK+ Meter Testing Strips
- Last updated October 1, 2020
The Keto-Mojo GK+ Multi-function Bluetooth meter utilizes the most advanced technology in the industry for blood ketone and glucose testing strips, providing the highest degree of accuracy and precision.
- Utilizes the latest 8 electrode amperometric biosensor technology.
- Auto-coding eliminates need for code key.
- Super-sip patented technology eliminates under-fill issues which can lead to inconsistent or inaccurate results.
- Measures glucose from 20-600 mg/dlL and 1.1-33.3 mmol). Results in 5 seconds.
- Measures ketones from 0-83 mg/dL and 0-8.0 mmol. Results in 10 seconds.
- Readings at low ketone levels allows the user to track their progress into nutritional ketosis.
- Packaged in individual foil pouches for sterility and extended shelf life.
**IMPORTANT: Strips are ONLY compatible with the KETO-MOJO GK+-BLUETOOTH Meter**
Shop for ketone strips and glucose strips.
Why are test strips individually wrapped?
Although a vial is easy to open, you just pop the top and quickly extract a strip, once you open a vial, the clock starts ticking and you should use them within 6 months. We find that many folks do not mark the open date on their vials and are therefore not aware when they have gone beyond their expiration date.
Strips in vials are more susceptible to heat and humidity, especially in hot and humid locales. Individually wrapped strips have a higher tolerance to temperature. We have tested and baked the wrapped strips at 65c /149F for two weeks with no degradation (however, we still recommend you store at room temp). This means that we have better integrity for “last mile” transportation in hot climates.
Ease of Opening
Our original individually wrapped test strips had an internal desiccant strip to protect the test strip from moisture. But it made it more difficult to open. For our new test strips, we’ve replaced the internal desiccant strip with a desiccant spray liner, making them easier to tear open. The material is a PET12 Aluminum composite which can be recycled in some centers.
We are working to make the individually packaged strips fully recyclable and are currently looking for a more widely available recycling solution. Once we have this, we will re-do the clinical trials for shelf stability and will make the change needed. Note that vials are not recyclable because of the desiccant lining, and they weigh 3g more than the individually wrapped packages. The individually wrapped strips are also 20% smaller and no longer use gold connectors like the previous ketone strips in the vial.
Weighing the Choices
It is important to us to deliver a product that lasts longer and has more tolerance to heat and humidity which can affect accuracy. This allows us to make it accessible in hotter climates (and countries), giving us greater scale, so we can lower costs over time.