Importance of Storing Strips Properly
- Last updated December 7, 2017
Improper storage of your strips can cause inaccurate readings by your Keto-Mojo meter, so it’s very important that you store your strips properly. Here’s how:
- Store test strips in their original vial ONLY. Do not transfer them to a new vial or any other containers.
- Keep the vial of test strips in a cool, dry place between 35.6°F and 86.0°F (2°C and 30°C ) and between 10% to 85% relative humidity.
- Do not store strips in the Refrigerator or Freezer.
- Do not store the vial of test strips in high humidity.
- Keep the vial and all test strips away from direct sunlight.
- Do not touch the test strips with wet hands.
- Use each test strip immediately after taking it out of the vial, and be sure to close the vial immediately after retrieving a test strip; strips exposed to open air for more than a few minutes can cause accuracy issues.
- Keep the vial of strips closed at all times when not in use.
I’m searching for storage instructions for ketone BLOOD test strips. I’m guessing these instructions are for urine test strips since blood test strips don’t come in a re-sealable vial. Clarifying which type of test strips you’re talking about, and including info for both, would be more helpful.
My new strips aren’t in a vial now and there were not instructions as to whether I should refrigerate the packaged strips.