What is the ketone diet?
For starters, the proper term is ketogenic diet or keto diet. The basic idea behind the ketogenic diet system is to avoid sugars, including sugars, and there is not enough space to tell you all permitted foods and forbidden foods. This is the short answer for "what is the ketone (ketogenic*) diet?"
Ketogenic Diet Food & Ingredients Overview:
A mechanism that avoids any food consisting mainly of sugars or starches or harmful trans fats, thus avoiding the bad effect of sugars on insulin levels in the blood, allowing for weight loss. Initially, foods consist of one of three main types: fat, protein, and sugars (carbohydrates). In this program we will avoid sugars (carbohydrates) mainly. Ingredients for what is the ketone diet.
Keto Diet Approved Foods:
Meat, fish and poultry:
- All types of cooking are available in all three meals, all types of marine fish or other seafood, or fresh red meat (sheep, lamp, camels, cows...) and all kinds of poultry of birds.
- It is important to note that some types of cooking use flour or squash (such as the prostate) or rice (such as stuffed pigeon) to flavor the food, and all of these foods are forbidden in the system as it will come.
- Some types of grilled meat (especially in Western restaurants) are used in cooking sauces in the composition of sugar, should be avoid.
- Vegetables oils used in frying may contain large amounts of trans fats, preferably using grease or animal butter, or olive oil instead.
- It is best to minimize canned meat as it contains unhealthy ingredients.
- in all possible cooking, but preferably olive oil or animal butter instead of vegetable oil.
- All types of cheese are allowed in this system, with attentions to reading nutritional information to avoid cheeses with high carbohydrates.
- Avoid all types of low or skimmed cheeses because they contain higher sugars.
- Four servings of cheese preferably no more than daily, and the portion of the cheese slice used with American cheese.
- One or tow serving of whole cream, free of sugar or flavorings, and one serving of about 30 grams.
- All vegetables that are normally used in preparing authorities are allowed in this system. with the fact that they contain in the natural composition of the proportion of sugars but because of the very small amounts of sugar in addition t the presence of large amounts of fiber that prevent the rapid absorption of sugars, it will not be a problem to address.
- It should be noted that vegetables when coked, they lose many of its non-sugar components, and this leads to high sugar when eating cooked; so its not to multiply when cooking compared to eating an intention such as power.
- Some types of salads are added to roasted toast or Bulgar (such as tabbouleh). Avoid these starchy and sugary ingredients while taking the salad.
- Include vegetables in each of the three main meals.
- Ghee, oils and fats:
- The following can be used for cooking or flavoring on main dishes or salads:
- Animal butter, free olive oil (cold ear), mayonnaise (canola oil and no sugary additives), canola oil, coconut il, sesame oil.
- Many spices contains the components of the sugars (hidden sugars), read the food newsletter well and avoid any spices with sugars or enter into the composition of wheat or corn.
- Ketchup, roast sauces, and some types of hot peppers contain many sugars in their composition, which should be avoided and try to find an alternative free of sugars and starches. If you get the right spices, you can add them to the main dishes or salads.
- Water ( six to eight glasses a day).
- Tea ( without sugar).
- Coffee of all kind ( without sugar).
- Tea of different plants (anise or cinnamon....) (without sugar).
- Industrial Sweeteners: it is not recommended to use artificial sweeteners in general, and prefer to get used to the natural flavor of beverages of all kind, but in the case of the need to eat artificial sweeteners, such as: Stevia, taking care not to exceed the use of more than two small packages a day.
Foods to Avoid on The Ketogenic Diet:
- Polysaccharides and complex sugars (Starches).
- Rice, noodles, bread of all kinds, and starchy grains of all kinds (wheat, barley, maize) (whether white or wild bread) and products such as cornflakes, pastries, muffins and others.
- White sugar, plant sugar, and sugar-based products such as: ready-made sweets (Galaxy, Twix and others).
- Fruits and everything related to them such as fresh or canned juices.
- Soft drinks (sodas).
- Potatoes and starchy vegetables such as carrots, whether fresh or ready.
- Legumes such as beans, chickpeas, lentils and other pulses because they contain relatively high sugars.
- Bovine and yogurt.
- All diet products (low-fat), whether juices or food.
- All fast food restaurants.
- All foods containing or cooking in mutant oils.
Avoid nuts at the beginning of this system, two weeks or more, if you lose weight well you can return it as snacks once or twice a day with a focus on knowing the proportion of sugars in it.
What is the ketone diet Tips:
Eat three main meals daily, and do not leave yourself hungry for long periods of time.
At each meal, have 4 to 6 servings of protein (about 30 grams), do not remove grease or dew.
Hope this answers your question, "what is the ketone diet?"
Keto Diet Plan
What is the Keto Diet
blood ketone meter