- 1 lb pork belly
- sea salt, as needed
- black pepper, as needed
- 1 large bunch collard greens
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C). Slice a crisscross pattern into the top layer of fat on the pork belly. Season the pork liberally with the salt and black pepper and place it skin side up in a 10-inch (25-cm) or larger cast iron skillet.
- Bake the pork for 35 minutes. Reduce the heat to 325°F (163°C) and bake for 30 more minutes, until the top of the pork is crispy and golden. If needed, broil the pork for 4 to 5 minutes at the end of the cooking time to make sure the top is very crispy.
- Remove the pork from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- While the pork is resting, drain out all but 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of the fat in the skillet and place the skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the collard greens, garlic, and vinegar to the skillet. Cook the collards for 7 to 10 minutes, until they are very wilted. Turn off the heat and stir in the kimchi.
- To serve, slice the pork belly and serve the slices with the collard greens.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3 pending] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.
Wow, this was so easy yet looks so fancy. My husband and I liked it so much we made it the following weekend for dinner with friends who are total foodies.