- 3 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1½ cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol-based sweetener (such as Swerve)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (plus a little extra for garnishing, optional)
- 1/4 cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips (such as ChocZero Dark Chocolate Chips - 20% off first order)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- sea salt
- 2 Tbsp powdered erythritol-based sweetener (we used Swerve Confectioners Sweetener)
- In a medium pot, combine the almond milk, 1 cup of the heavy cream, the granulated sweetener, 1/4 cup of the cocoa powder, the chocolate chips, 1-1/2 teaspoons of the vanilla, the cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk, then heat over medium-low heat, whisking frequently, until the hot chocolate starts to lightly simmer (do not overheat) and the cocoa powder and chips are completely dissolved, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, whisk to combine and scrape off any chocolate stuck to the sides of the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, add the heavy cream, powdered sweetener, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Using a hand mixer or a balloon whisk, whisk until the whipped cream forms soft peaks.
- Divide the hot chocolate among 4 mugs, top with a dollop of the whipped cream, sprinkle with the remaining cocoa powder, and serve.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3 pending] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.