- 6 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8 cups cauliflower florets, from 1( 2-lb) head, broken into like sizes for even cooking
- 2 tsp sea salt, plus more for salting cooking water
- 1 cup (3 oz) chopped leek, white and pale green parts only (from about 1 small leek)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 by 9-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and a tablespoon of salt to the water and cook until tender but not falling apart, about 8 minutes. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl, then roughly mash with potato masher or wooden spoon, leaving it a bit chunky.
- In a medium skillet, heat half of the remaining oil over medium heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and just beginning to color, about 5 minutes, then add the leeks and the almond flour to the cauliflower mash and toss to combine.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs, stir in the salt, pepper, and one-third each of the parsley and dill. Gently mix the egg mixture into the cauliflower to combine. Spread the cauliflower mixture evenly into the prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almonds with the remaining chopped herbs and oil, toss to blend. Sprinkle evenly over the cauliflower.
- Bake uncovered until set, beginning to brown on top, and a bit bubbly around the edges, 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.