- 1 whole cauliflower (24 oz), base trimmed flat
- 1/2 kop mayonnaise
- 3/4 kop finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 kop revet parmesanost
- 2 skiver raw bacon
- 2 tsk sliced green onion
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Position the oven rack in the lowest position. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Use a small paring knife to carefully make 1-inch deep incisions all over the cauliflower and 1 1/2-inch deep X in the base stem of the cauliflower.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet, stem side down, and slather the cheesy mayonnaise all over the top of the cauliflower. Place the bacon slices next to the cauliflower. Place on the lowest oven rack, reduce the heat to 375°F (190°C) and roast for 20 minutes. Carefully flip the bacon. Roast until the bacon is crispy, another 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the bacon and drain on a paper towel. Continue roasting the cauliflower until the paste has become a crust, the surface is dry and lightly browned, and a paring knife easily pierces the cauliflower with no resistance, 30 to 35 minutes more. If a little of the cheese mayo slides off during cooking, gently scoop it up, put it back on.
- Remove the cauliflower and let it cool for 10 minutes. Crumble the bacon, then serve the cauliflower with the green onion and bacon.
I made this today. I added some granulated garlic, granulated onion, salt, pepper. It was favorable. I cooked the bacon separately and crumbled it on top of the cauliflower. My husband said he was surprised how delicious it was.
I got this recipe from a friend. I had a bag of cauliflower that had been on a veggie tray. I needed to use it. I twerked this recipe to fit with what I had on hand. No Mayo, so I used ranch dressing. No onion or bacon so I left them out. It turned out great. I baked for 20 minutes and no more. My cauliflower was fork tender and it tasted great.
Great Keto Dish. Just ran across this recipe early yesterday, in my email from Keto MOJO. I just happened to have a head of cauliflower, that needed to be used, Pronto, leftover shredded cheese and container of shake parameasean. Took me no time to put together. Cooking I ended up adding 10 mins to the cooking time. But, it turned out great. My husband even liked it. Thanks for the recipe. Will make again.