Sammenligning af resultater med forskellige metermærker
- Sidst opdateret 20. november 2017
If your new meter gives you a different result than your old meter for the same test, it does not mean one meter is accurate and the other is not.
What you’re most likely noticing is the different way meters represent results. There are meters that give “plasma” results and meters that give “whole blood” results. You may notice this difference because you have purchased a new meter and are comparing it with your old one, or you are comparing it with a lab test results you’ve received from your doctor. Many people expect that all blood glucose meters will give the exact same result, and expect that it will be the same as their lab test result. After all, they’re measuring the same thing–the amount of glucose in your blood. But meters and lab equipment measure different parts of the blood and therefore give seemingly different results. These differences should fall within the acceptable FDA or ISO guidelines.
- Humidity or heat may have damaged the test strips.
- Your test strips may be expired or defective.
- There is an insufficient amount and improper placement of blood on the test strips.
- The code displayed on the meter does not match with the numbers printed on the strip vial label.
- The meter was dropped, or its electrical components are worn out.
- User error; the test strips may have been exposed to air longer than a few minutes.
- Perform a quality control test to make sure your monitor is accurate and reliable.
- Test your glucose level while your healthcare provider watches your technique to make sure you are using the meter correctly.
- Use test strips within 90 days after first opening or within 18 months from production date.
- Make sure your test strips are properly stored; optimal condition for test strips is: 36°F and 86°F (2°C and 30°C ) and 10% to 85% relative humidity.
- Make sure the blood sample used for testing is capillary whole blood.
- Make sure the reading displayed on the meter is within the normal test range shown on the strips vial label.
- Follow the manufacturer’s meter instructions carefully.
- Don’t expose test strips to open air for more than a few minutes.
Keto-Mojo meters meet the highest standards of accuracy. Learn more about our meter accuracy her.